When choosing a hosting platform for your website, it’s important to review your options and weigh the pros and cons. At VaroWP we’ve taken the time to do that for our customers already. We use WordPress for a variety of reasons and highly recommend it to those who are still looking at options.
1. WordPress is free! Can’t get much more cost-effective than free! As long as the quality of performance meets expectations, free is a great deal. WordPress’ open-source format has taken over 60% of the content management systems (CMS) market share. WordPress can also be self-hosted, which means there are no costs to downloading, installing or configuring the site. You may find that professional web design services are a good investment. Websites are more than just “pretty” – they require thought and planning to enhance success of marketability.
2. Flexible plugins and extensions. WordPress has over 50,000 plugins to choose from, many of which are free. Plugins and extensions can provide contact forms, SEO tools, image galleries, social media integration, online stores, mailing lists and much more. At VaroWP, we easily help integrate plugins and extensions and help you manage them on a long-term basis.
3. Easy to use and learn. WordPress was originally built for non-tech savvy bloggers. Over time it has developed into a robust website publishing platform. Although the tool has expanded vastly, some elements are still user-friendly. More complicated elements need time to learn but, with practice makes perfection! If you don’t have the time to learn, that’s okay! The team at VaroWP are up to speed with all the latest WordPress options and updates.
4. Easy to find support. If you’re conquering your own site design and development, WordPress offers support for users. Their support is excellent for specific questions.
5. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendly. Closed-source platforms such as Wix and Squarespace do not offer access to development source code which means you’re limited in your abilities to enhance SEO on your website. Unlike some of its competitors, WordPress has many features that further increase SEO for maximum online visibility.
6. You own your content. Many closed-source website platforms don’t allow you to carry your content with you. If you cancel your service or something happens to their platform, you can lose access to your website and your content. Using WordPress ensures that your content is always available. This provides you with the flexibility to make changes to the content or change the website provider without losing any content or access to your site.
7. Lower setup and maintenance costs. In comparison to other CMS platforms, WordPress tends to have lower setup and maintenance costs. This applies to those who need a more competitive design and support package, beyond the free options available.
If you’re a mom blogger, indie-musician or someone who just loves writing about cats, you may not need a website that has high-security measures. You may be interested in a simple platform that will enable you to create, edit and update content that is also free, then WordPress is an excellent option.
For those of you who are business owners, operators, or entrepreneurs who need a more robust website with security, you may need professional assistance with WordPress. We’re happy to discuss options with you! Consultations are always free so drop us an email.