Web design extends beyond the technical matters such as wireframes, content management and code. Great web design also extends past how you integrate social media buttons and creative visuals. Effective design centres around having a website development process that aligns with an overarching strategy.
VaroWP offers much more than website aesthetics by attracting traffic and retaining that audience to further explore a website. A site is a company’s ability to communicate with visitors about products, your company and branding through a variety of visuals, content and text and interactions. All your elements need to work towards the defined goal.
Here’s a quick overview of how we suggest designing your site:
- Goal identification: This is when our account managers work with you to determine what your website needs are and what the purpose is.
- Scope definition: Once your account manager has worked with you to define goals the next step is to outline the scope of the project. This means identifying web pages and features your website requires to fulfill the set goal as well as building a timeline in order to execute those goals.
- Sitemap and wireframe creation: with a well-defined scope and timeframe, the next step is to outline the sitemap and define how the content and features will be defined in the scope.
- Content creation: with a framework in place, content can start to be developed. Content creation for individual pages needs to be optimized for search engine visibility. Content is essential before moving onto the next step. Depending on your package with VaroWP can help you in the creation or sourcing of content.
- Visual elements: with the website’s architecture and content in place, visuals can be added. Defining your visual style can be done using various style tiles, mood boards and collages. As with content, VaroWP can help you in the creation or sourcing of content.
- Testing: VaroWP will handle all stages of testing for you however, if you’re building your website on your own, make sure that you always do this step before the next one! Your site’s pages are defined with how they display to a visitor and testing each part of your site is essential. Combine manual browsing of your website on your laptop, phone, tablet, etc. You want to make sure that your website performs properly, and all the visuals display properly.
- Launch: Once you’ve checked everything twice, it’s time to plan and execute your site’s launch. Planning this execution should take into consideration launch timing and communication strategies.
Website planning and design is a fundamental part of your website’s launch success. The team at VaroWP takes great care in this process to ensure that your website is released into the public eye functioning perfectly and looking its best.
Reach out today to see how VaroWP could help build that perfect website!